Home Electrical Safety During Disasters
The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) warns consumers to be aware of electrical dangers associated with severe storms and the resulting floods and power outages. Deaths and injuries during the summer months are frequently caused by post-storm electrical hazards.
The high winds, extreme rains and flooding caused by hurricanes and tornadoes present many unique dangers. ESFI offers consumers important advice about how to help prevent electrically-related deaths, injuries and property loss by taking a few precautions during and after severe storms and other natural disasters.
- Electrical Safety During Disasters
- Flood Electrical Safety
- Portable Generators Electrical Safety
- Portable Generators - Transfer Switch Safety
- Lightning Electrical Safety
- Downed Power Lines Electrical Safety
- Tornado Electrical Safety